The Community Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of local leaders from a broad range of organizations, who have worked to reduce barriers to research participation by increasing public trust and making research opportunities more accessible.
The CAB will:
- Provide input and direction on:
- Priority areas for the Institute seed/pilot grant opportunities to advance community health and bi-directional engagement between communities and academic researchers.
- Advancing public health community-engaged teaching and research opportunities at the university.
- The Institute for Public Health Annual Conference theme from year to year.
- Community engagement and partnership opportunities for the six Institute centers and other initiatives.
- Provide consultations to Institute faculty scholars (across all seven Washington University schools) as requested on a broad set of topics relevant to clinical and translational science.
Current CAB members:
Maria Rosario Bobadilla, Co-Chair
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Yakima Young-Shields, ANP-BC, APRN, Ed.D.(c), Co-Chair
SSM: VA & Geriatric Populations
Judy Bentley, RN, MBA
CHIPS Health & Wellness Center
Susan Fliesher, DNP, CPNP, RN
Goldfarb School of Nursing
Sherrill Jackson, CPNP
People’s Health Clinic
The Breakfast Club
Davorka Marovic-Johnson, MEd, LPC
Clinical Counseling Services (private practice)
David Martineau, MSW
NCCJ St. Louis
University of Missouri Extension
Felice McClendon, MS
Casa de Salud
Daphne Walker-Thoth, MEd
Committed Caring Faith Communities
Click here for more information about the CAB members.