The Community Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of local leaders from a broad range of organizations, who have worked to reduce barriers to research participation by increasing public trust and making research opportunities more accessible.
The CAB helps the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS), the Institute for Public Health, and its Center for Community Health Partnership and Research (CCHPR) by supporting the integration of medical and translational research with community priorities, needs, and practice. The members join together to:
- Provide direct input into the goals, strategies, and activities of the ICTS, Institute for Public Health, and CCHPR (a shared entity between the ICTS and Institute for Public Health).
- Offer perspectives on gaps in health services and research in the region.
- Recommend key stakeholders and community leaders for inclusion as members, in activities, and in discussions.
- Support the development of community-university relationships.
- Strategically disseminate information about important health issues and initiatives to the broader community.
Current CAB members:
Felice McClendon, MS, Co-Chair
Jesús Quiñones, Co-Chair
Health Literacy Media
Judy Bentley, RN, MBA
CHIPS Health & Wellness Center
Susan Fliesher, DNP, CPNP, RN
Goldfarb School of Nursing
Sherrill Jackson, CPNP
The Breakfast Club
Davorka Marovic-Johnson, MEd, LPC
Clinical Counseling Services (private practice)
David Martineau, MSW
NCCJ St. Louis
University of Missouri Extension
Click here for more information about the CAB members.