The Community Advisory Board (CAB) is comprised of local leaders from a broad range of organizations, who have worked to reduce barriers to research participation by increasing public trust and making research opportunities more accessible.
The CAB helps the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS), the Institute for Public Health, and its Center for Community Health Partnership and Research by:
- Providing input and direction on:
- Priority areas for the Institute seed/pilot grant opportunities to advance community health and bi-directional engagement between communities and academic researchers.
- Advancing public health community-engaged teaching and research opportunities at the university.
- The Institute for Public Health Annual Conference theme from year to year.
- Community engagement and partnership opportunities for the six Institute centers and other initiatives.
- Providing consultations to Institute faculty scholars (across all seven Washington University schools) as requested on a broad set of topics relevant to clinical and translational science.
Current CAB members:
Sister M. Rosario Bobadilla, Co-Chair
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet
Yakima Young-Shields, ANP-BC, APRN, Ed.D.(c), Co-Chair
SSM: VA & Geriatric Populations
Judy Bentley, RN, MBA
CHIPS Health & Wellness Center
Susan Fliesher, DNP, CPNP, RN
Goldfarb School of Nursing
Sherrill Jackson, CPNP
The Breakfast Club
Davorka Marovic-Johnson, MEd, LPC
Clinical Counseling Services (private practice)
David Martineau, MSW
NCCJ St. Louis
University of Missouri Extension
Felice McClendon, MS
Health Literacy Media
Daphne Walker-Thoth, MEd
University of Missouri-St. Louis
Click here for more information about the CAB members.