The Institute for Public Health at Washington University in St. Louis hosts an annual conference every fall.
In 2017, we held our 10th Annual Conference. It featured a dynamic keynote presentation, a panel of diverse speakers, and a poster session.
Theme: Why Science Matters: The Case for Evidence-Based Public Health
- Karen Joynt Maddox – Moderator
- John Rusche, Former Idaho State Representative
- Kelley K. Vollmar, Jefferson County Health Department
- Cora Faith Walker, State Representative Missouri House District 74
- Durrie Bouscaren, St. Louis Public Radio
Click here to review the Annual Conference poster session guide.
Attendees were also invited to attend the Installation Ceremony of Dr. William G. Powderly as the Larry J. Shapiro Director of the Institute for Public Health.
See below for a summary of social media conversation about the conference.